Decisions On Appetizers and Cocktail Hours
Decision #1: Choose an Appetizer
When selecting appetizers for your upcoming cocktail hour, there are several factors to take into account:
- Type of cuisine – are you looking for mostly finger foods, or will you be mixing in some heartier warm dishes?
- Serving style – do you want to offer the appetizers on platters or trays to be passed around, or provide ample space for guests to help themselves?
- Quantity – how many people are attending? Have everything in multiples so no one goes hungry!
- Cost – is your budget a concern? Research for the best deals and alternatives.
Decision #2: Decide on an Entertainment
Whether you decide to hire an entertainer or create an activity, there are plenty of ways to keep your guests entertained while they’re waiting for dinner.
- Hire a live band or DJ to play some music. Choose something that goes with the theme or atmosphere of the wedding.
- Organize cocktail hour games such as corn hole, jenga, or even giant Jenga.
- Create an interactive photo booth or an engaging activity such as selling bonsai trees.
- Utilize the space – if it’s a nice day outside, bring out some lawn games or use the patio/balcony.
Decision #3: Schedule Your Timing
Your cocktail hour should last between 30 minutes and an hour, depending on the number of guests and the type of entertainment you’ve decided to have. Try to space out the time between dinner and dancing not too long, so your guests can keep the energy going!