Planning a Successful wedding
Planning a successful wedding can be overwhelming, however following some simple steps can make the process a lot easier. It is important to plan each step carefully to ensure your special day is perfect.
Creating a Wedding Planning Timeline
Firstly, it is important to create a timeline for planning your wedding with the most important elements. Outlined below is a suggested timeline for some of these elements.
- 12-9 Months Out: Set a budget, decide on a wedding date and venue, book your officiant, start researching caterers, florists and other vendors.
- 9-6 Months Out: Finalize your guest list, order dress and groom attire, set up a wedding website, begin wedding cake tasting, hire a photographer, book entertainment.
- 6-3 Months Out: Book transportation for wedding day, send save the dates, finalize the menu, arrange for wedding favors, meet with your vendors and confirm details, select bridesmaid dresses.
- 3-1 Months Out: Finalize seating plan, order stationary, finalize readings and vows, complete registry selections, review wedding itinerary, arrange accommodations for out of town guests.
- 1 Month Out: Final dress fitting, gather wedding decorations, confirm hairstyle and makeup, put together wedding day emergency kit, have rehearsal dinner and rehearsal.
- 1-2 Weeks Out: Finalize vendor details, confirm honeymoon arrangements, send final payments and thank you notes, mail out wedding invitations and thank you gifts, do final dress fitting.
- 2-4 days Out: Attend bachelor/bachelorette parties, pick up wedding attire, schedule mani-pedi & spa treatments, review ceremony & reception timeline, contact vendors.
- Day Before: Print place cards, assemble wedding favors, do final hair trial, pack for honeymoon, attend rehearsal dinner, confirm setup of decorations.
- Wedding Day: Enjoy the day and each other!
By planning your wedding in advance and setting up a timeline, you will be able to ensure your special day is perfect. It is important to try and remain organized and prioritize the tasks that will make your wedding the most joyful and memorable experience.